Policies on the Protection of Personal Information
CHORI CO., LTD. (hereinafter “the Company”) recognizes that information has become increasingly important in a highly information-oriented society, while recognizing that specific information such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers, whereby a living individual can be identified (hereinafter “Personal Information”) must be handled properly, and therefore, the Company strives for the appropriate use and protection of Personal Information pursuant to the following basic policies.
1. Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
When collecting Personal Information, the Company endeavors to specify the purpose thereof and to use fair means in obtaining Personal Information. When using Personal Information, the Company will use Personal Information limiting to the scope of the purpose of use and will not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party without obtaining the consent of the relevant customer. In addition, the Company will strive to keep Personal Information accurate and up to date within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- (Purpose of Use)
- 1) To conclude and perform contracts and manage other transactions
- 2) To contact and to provide notification/greeting based on social practices
- 3) To respond to inquiries and opinions submitted to the Company
- 4) To consider whether to hire applicants for the Company, and to provide corporate information and necessary communication to applicants and prospective employees
- 5) To implement procedures prescribed in laws
- 6) To perform other services related or incidental to the foregoing services
2. Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information, held by the Company, jointly within the Chori Group companies as necessary; provided, however, that the Company will not use individual numbers (kojin bango) jointly.
3. Change, etc. of Registered Information
If a customer requests to change, confirm, correct, or delete any of his/her Personal Information that has been registered him/herself, the Company will respond to such request in an appropriate manner only when the Company can confirm that the person who makes the request is the customer him/herself or a person delegated by the customer.
4. Security Measures
To manage and handle Personal Information of customers securely, the Company will take reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent risks, such as unauthorized outside access to and loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of Personal Information.
For this purpose, the Company will take measures such as the following:
- ・Appoint a general manager for the protection of Personal Information
- ・Appoint an information manager in the department where Personal Information is handled
- ・Disseminate information regarding security to all employees
5. Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
When the Company receives a request from a principal whose personal data are held by the Company regarding such as the notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of Personal Information (hereinafter “Disclosure, etc.”), the Company will respond to such request as follows:
- [Method of Acceptance of and Responses to Request for Disclosure, etc.]
When a customer wants to request Disclosure, etc. of his/her Personal Information, he/she shall submit to the Company by mail a copy of his/her personal identification documents (driver’s license, passport, etc.) at the following address, or contact the Company at the designated e-mail address attaching his/her personal identification documents.
Please note that the Company will not return personal identification documents, but will carefully destroy or dispose of such documents in accordance with sufficient security measures.
In addition, the Company will be unable to respond to customer requests directly if the customer comes to our office.
Human Resources & General Affairs Dept., CHORI CO., LTD.
Tower C, Shinagawa Intercity, 15-3, Konan 2-chome, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 108-6216, Japan
- [Service Charge]
For the following requests, please enclose postage stamps equivalent to 550 yen for registered mail.
- 1) Notification of the purpose of use of Personal Information
- 2) Disclosure of Personal Information
For outstanding service charges or if postage stamps are not enclosed, the Company will send the documents, but the postage is to be paid by the addressee upon delivery.
- [Disclosure of Personal Information]
In the cases set forth below, the Company will not respond to a request for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information:
- 1) Cases in which the personal identification of a principal cannot be confirmed;
- 2) For a request made by an agent, cases in which it is impossible to confirm proxy;
- 3) Cases in which the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of a principal or third party may be endangered;
- 4) Cases in which the proper conduct of business operations of the Company and Chori Group may be seriously disrupted; or
- 5) Cases in which such Disclosure, etc. is apparently in violation of laws or regulations and contrary to public order and morality, and lacks social appropriateness.
6. Contact Address
If a customer wants to ask questions or raise complaints regarding Personal Information held by the Company, please contact the following address. Please note that the Company is unable to respond to customer requests directly if the customer comes to our office.
- [Contact Address]
- ・The Company will comply with the applicable laws and regulations relating to Personal Information of customers.
- ・The Company may revise the policy for the protection of Personal Information to better protect Personal Information of customers.
- ・The Company disclaims any responsibility for ensuring the security of Personal Information of customers used on third party websites that are linked to the website of the Company including affiliated companies’ websites.
|Mailing Address||Human Resources & General Affairs Dept., CHORI CO., LTD.
Tower C, Shinagawa Intercity, 15-3, Konan 2-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-6216, Japan
|Telephone No.||(81)3-5781-6203 (Human Resources & General Affairs Dept., Tokyo Head Office)
(81)6-6228-5115 (Human Resources & General Affairs Dept., Osaka Head Office)